The successful applicant should have proven experience as a fundraising and organizational development specialist, with several years of management experience in a non-profit organization or similar environment. You must be motivated, have the ability to solve complex problems, and have a passion for philanthropy.
- Work with the CEO, staff, and governing board to facilitate short and long-term strategic plans.
- Identify and address development issues that affect the well-being and efficacy of the organization.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy and ensure that fund development is executed in keeping with the organization’s values, vision, and mission.
- Participate with the CEO and senior management to plan the organization’s fund development course and programs.
- Manage the operations development function efficiently, and oversee development activities in coordination with staff.
- Establish a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising programs to attract and retain donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of the fund development program.
- Maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising professionals.
- Help to recruit, train, and motivate fundraising volunteers.
- Keep abreast of developments in philanthropy and fund development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Further certification may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in managing projects and teams.
- Proven track record of success in fundraising.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and ability to analyze data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Occasional travel required.